Jump to recipe
It is a vegan dish. I have grown up with it, since my mother invariably cooked it when we went on our summer holidays. It lasts and remains fresh for two to three days. It is still a popular travel food in India.
- 2/3 cups of cooked basmathi rice
- 2 tbl spoon of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp of finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp of chopped green chillies
- 1 tbl spoon of chopped cashews
- 1 tbl spoon of chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tbl spoon of olive oil
- Heat the oil in a wok or sauce pan
- When the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they pop, add the chopped onion, ginger and the chillies. Fry the onion until slightly browned.
- Add the cashews and fry slightly.
- Add the turmeric powder
- Add the above mixture to the cooked rice.
- Also add the lemon juice plus salt
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle the cilantro leaves.
© 2022 Copyright Food Talks