- 3/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup good molasses
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 to 4 tsp ginger powder (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Cream butter ( or margarine), sugar and eggs.
- Add vinegar and molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients and spices.
- Slowly add dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Once well mixed, form dough into 3/4 inch balls.
- Optional: Roll in sugar and lightly press with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
© 2023 Copyright Food Talks
These are the chewiest gingersnaps you’ll ever have! The secret ingredient is the vineger
This recipe is from a book called “Prange Family Recipes” put together for the 60th wedding anniversary of John and Catherine Prange, August 1st, 2012, by their children and grandchildren. This recipe is from Amanda and Justin Berry. Our dear Sarah Berry is also one of the grandchildren